You have stumbled on our little corner of the Internet - we have a so much time, so little to do - strike that, reverse it. Stick with us, and we'll make the future an awesome place to hang out. Learn more about Florida Creatives

Florida Creatives Happy Hour, 3rd Mondays @ Crooked Bayou
Likemind Orlando, 3rd Fridays @ Drunken Monkey

Hosted by Xentek
Created with Drupal

South Florida's First Creative Summit - FREE Beer and Coffee

0 BookmarksLog in to bookmark

We are in the process of putting together a creative meetup for ALL South Florida creatives to show their face. We are calling it a creative summit, because we know just as much as you do that it's going to be like climbing F-ing Everest to get us creative types to show up.

What we have so far:
(1) Several Ideal locations that can be scalable to any size.
(2) A Kick Ass presentation on a new independent vs. agency working model that's rocks.
(3) FREE microbrew beer and coffee for everyone that is in attendance.

What we need:
(1) A couple of other Creatives that want to help select the best location and share local spots these mythical creative types gather so we can get everybody on the same page
(2) Anyone else that wants to present something within 2 min window of time.
(3) A print shop owner that wants to sponsor print promotion and get in with the community.

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, IF THERE ARE ANY CREATIVES OUT THERE THAT EXIST IN SOUTH FLORIDA,... SHOW YOUR FACE AND HELP GATHER THE ARMY.

Groups:

7 comments

ryanprice's picture
ryanprice wrote 7 years 46 weeks ago

Travis, I love the

Travis,

I love the enthusiasm behind this post.

I think the best thing to do is just pick a time and place, and click "Create Event" in the sidebar. Sponsors, free beer, and presentations are great, but just plain happy hour works great too.

I got a request to have something further North, like Delray, just a few days ago. I always thought shooting for a Central location would work, at least for a while.

What part of town were you thinking about?

My suggestion (based on my few visits down South) is:
Brew Urban Cafe
http://www.brewurbancafe.com/
638 N. Federal Hwy
AND/OR
209 SW 2nd Avenue
Ft Lauderdale, FL

How about Tuesday, August 18th? Just do it.

P.S. You do know about RefreshMiami, yes?
http://refreshmiami.com/

Ryan Price
@liberatr

Chinmoy Raval wrote 7 years 46 weeks ago

Travis, Great idea! Lord

Travis,

Great idea! Lord knows that there's a significant shortage of community down here. I run a small creative studio in Miami and would appreciate an opportunity to meet like minded individuals.

Brew Urban Cafe looks like an excellent venue. Looking forward to seeing how this comes together.

Chinmoy

Travis Webster's picture
Travis Webster wrote 7 years 46 weeks ago

Chimoy, Thanks for standing

Chimoy,

Thanks for standing out! Your studio looks great I would be interested in meeting you to see if there are any other opportunities between us. I think there is potential for a few of us to bring the creative masses out of the woodwork. I think Brew Urban Coffee on US1 is probably the most ideal location for the first couple of meetings. I have been getting emails from people as far north as West Palm and some south of Miami. It, seems that Ft. Lauderdale is naturally the central connection.

@liberatr Ryan Price: I think the 18th is cutting it to close, I will post a date early next week that will allow time to coordinate with Brew.

Keep checking back and I will post updates and detail as often as possible.

-Travis

ryanprice's picture
ryanprice wrote 7 years 46 weeks ago

I am planning on being down

I am planning on being down south the 17th and 18th, so we should do something. The 17th is a Drupal developers meetup, but my evening of the 18th is open. I will likely be staying in Hollywood. I would love to meet some folks and share stories and experience about building community organically and healthily. A happy hour doesn't have to be a big deal, just a few people getting together. If you'd like to plan something bigger, at a different time, please do so. As long as we get a few beers in a few hands, I consider it a success.

Ryan Price
@liberatr

Travis Webster's picture
Travis Webster wrote 7 years 46 weeks ago

The 18th would be a good

The 18th would be a good time to just meet and greet you Ryan, I think anyone that wants to meet at Brew Urban for an after hours meetup would be good times. 6:30pm on the 18th is game on.

SOUTH FLORIDA Creative Meetup
August 18th at 6:30pm
Brew Urban Cafe in Ft. Lauderdale on US1
http://www.brewurbancafe.com/locations/vicpark.php

Come one come all!

Chinmoy Raval wrote 7 years 45 weeks ago

Travis - Thanks for the kind

Travis - Thanks for the kind words. Looking at your site, it looks like we take a common approach with regards to the collaboration of talent and teams on projects. I would be interested in meeting as well, and the 18th works for me. I'll try to recruit a few others, but will plan on meeting you at Brew Urban at 6:30pm on the 18th.

I'll keep checking back here for updates.

- Chinmoy

Please register or login to post a comment.
Syndicate content

South Florida

• You must login in order to post into this group.

Group notifications

This group offers an RSS feed. Or subscribe to these personalized, sitewide feeds:

Paying the Server Bill