You have stumbled on our little corner of the Internet - we have a so much time, so little to do - strike that, reverse it. Stick with us, and we'll make the future an awesome place to hang out. Learn more about Florida Creatives

Recent News and Links

Florida Creatives Happy Hour, 3rd Mondays @ Crooked Bayou
Likemind Orlando, 3rd Fridays @ Drunken Monkey

Hosted by Xentek
Created with Drupal

Grill 192 closed 2 days ago - We need a new meeting place

0 BookmarksLog in to bookmark

I just found out that our usual meeting place closed it's doors 2 days ago. I would like to throw out a few suggestions if we want to stay in the Downtown Melbourne area. If you guys want to meet somewhere else by all means join the discussion and let us know. Maybe once we have several suggestions up we can take a poll.

• Meg O'Malley's - Big Irish pub with excellent food, reasonable prices, outdoor seating, and wifi
  • Off the Traxx - Large sports bar with decent food, reasonable prices, outdoor seating, and NO wifi (last I checked a few months ago)
  • Matt's Casbah - The swanky hangout in Downtown, excellent food, a little pricier then most places downtown, outdoor seating, and wifi
  • Mainstreet Pub - Standard pub atmosphere, decent food, reasonable prices, outdoor seating, wifi (if you can get the key from a server which is usually hard to do)
Groups:

9 comments

ultimike's picture
ultimike wrote 8 years 17 weeks ago

I'm all for Meg's unless

I'm all for Meg's unless there's a push to start rotating it around to different places in the county...

-mike

Alex Rudloff wrote 8 years 17 weeks ago

Meg's, hands down.

Meg's, hands down.

Jim Roberts wrote 8 years 17 weeks ago

I love Meg's although it's

I love Meg's although it's some times it is a little hard to carry on a conversation.

gilcreque's picture
gilcreque wrote 8 years 17 weeks ago

I agree. That's why I

I agree. That's why I mentioned outdoor seating. I think it helps with conversations since the sound waves have somewhere to travel rather then bouncing off all the walls.

cheetahtech wrote 8 years 17 weeks ago

Im all for Megs as well.

Im all for Megs as well. They have Outdoor seating in the back!!!! Perfect for nice conversation.

ryanprice's picture
ryanprice wrote 8 years 17 weeks ago

Is Melbourne still the best

Is Melbourne still the best place for this meetup?

It's an extra 30 minutes for me, that's why I ask.

In Orlando we hold the meetup downtown because it's the most centrally located - it's a far drive for everyone (usually 15-20 minutes), unless they live downtown. Also, about 2 years after we started meeting downtown, a coworking space opened across the street. Downtown is growing up around the spot we chose.

Is there any place like this in Melbourne (or anywhere in Brevard)? Where you may want to park nearby and hang out all day?

I nominate Gil or Mike to create a poll with some possible options once this is all ready to go.
http://floridacreatives.com/node/add/poll?gids[]=191

Ryan Price
@liberatr

gilcreque's picture

I've had this same problem

I've had this same problem in other groups I'm a part of. This county is far too long (70 miles). My sense is that most people are centered around Melbourne with you and Mike probably being the people furthest out from it. I'll start a poll with a) what part of Brevard are you coming from when attending the meetings and b) Where do you think the best area to meet is?

gilcreque's picture

I think the places you are

I think the places you are describing are Downtown Melbourne, Viera, and Downtown Cocoa.

Please register or login to post a comment.
Syndicate content

Brevard

• You must login in order to post into this group.

Group notifications

This group offers an RSS feed. Or subscribe to these personalized, sitewide feeds:

Paying the Server Bill